Saturday, April 18, 2009

Paris, Day 1

































































(Pictures: National Assembly of France, Obelisk in the center of the Place de la Concorde, Arc de Triomphe)

Bonjour! Gramzie and I made it to France! Our flights went off without a hitch. No problems or delays, and flying business class was great! A very comfortable trip over.

Pushing through the jet lag was a bit of a struggle, but we were determined to get a head start on the sightseeing! After checking into our hotel, we took the train into Paris where we spent the rest of the day. We took a "hop on, hop off" bus tour of the city. This was a great way for us to become oriented with Paris, which is a very beautiful, very classy city. The tour also came with an audio guide which I really appreciated. Learning about all of the historical sites we were seeing was very interesting.

We got off at Notre Dame and walked through the cathedral. I had an idea of what it looked like, but pictures cannot prepare you for how grand it really is! It was amazing.

Today we meet up with the bike tour. I'm anxious to meet the other people we will be spending the next week with! Stay tuned for more updates, although I'm not sure how frequently I will be able to post when we are on the barge. I'll do my best!

Au revoir!

No comments: